Thursday, September 15, 2011

Movin' on up...

Well I've not been too great at blogging as of late, but life has a way of taking up a lot of my time so what can ya do?
To start off with: I'm currently ASMing Speak No More: The Silent Shakespeare Festival for Synetic Theater.  We just opened Macbeth last night and I'm really having a good time with all the new experiences.  I'm starting to figure out that my favorite shows to work on are the ones that nobody else is doing.  I like different and exciting works.  I like it when I have to think about how to best describe the show I'm currently on like with TCP and WATTAGE and now this.  So much of what I do not care for in theatre is based on staleness or stuffiness or pieces that fall in to a rut.  Now I of course have a fondness for many classic works and a deep appreciation for theatre history, but I love works that challenge an audience.  Don't underestimate the intelligence of the people supporting your work, if you put it out there they may just join in.

Phill moved in to his apartment last week!  It's nice and cozy and I am beyond jealous of his new commute time.  I know he's enjoying having his own space and being able to settle in to a place for the first time in a while.  I'm so excited to be joining him there in April!

In trivial yet exciting news: I got my wedding dress on Tuesday!  Mom just sort of mentioned going in to the store just to take a look around so we went in and I pulled a few things and we kind of flew under the radar (my mom and I would rather get help if and when we need it, not have a salesperson hovering constantly and pressuring us) and I just sort of threw on a few dresses.  There was one I liked but was about 2 sizes too big and one of the salesladies offered to check for another size in the back and what do you know, a brand new dress in my size and it was just kind of perfect.
My mom keeps on just being really amazed at how painless of a process it turned out to be.  I kind of hate shopping and trying on clothes tends to be an agonizing experience so my mom was expecting a long, emotional quest to find a dress.
Thank you universe for making finding a homecoming, prom, college graduation, and now wedding dress all be a super fast and perfect process!!
Now we're just going to have to find her a mother of the bride outfit at some point!

Ah well, back to life!
~Marley

No comments: