Saturday, July 23, 2011

Won't you wake up the day...

So we're 75% of the way through Heritage's season!  Thus far things have been going well.  My Fair Lady had a solid run and closed two weeks ago.  There were a few personalities that were a bit difficult to navigate around, but where would the fun be if everything was easy?
The middle two shows Boeing, Boeing and The 39 Steps opened these past two weeks and all three of the shows have been pretty well received.  I personally loved Boeing, Boeing.  It's a show right up my alley and some of the performances were really excellent.  She Loves Me has been rehearsing from the second week of MFL and we go into tech on Monday.  It's going to be an interesting tech to say the least.  It's one of those shows that appears to be pretty simple, and those are always the ones you have to watch out for.

Phill made some calls for an apartment yesterday to see about availability which is really exciting!  Yay apartment for Phill and in a few months, me!
Also in exciting news: We got to go to Richmond and I got to see Laura and the other 2/3rds of the SM 2010 group!  It was awesome to see them and eat at the Village and Bottoms Up, and walk around Carytown.  It was great and a wonderful post-show closing stress reliever!
Tiny hats at Bygones! 


On the employment front I've hit some bumps for the fall/winter.  I'm hoping the situation I was planning on does end up working out, but I'm not holding my breath.  Oh the joys of job searching!  If nothing else, my going back to Studio 2nd Stage is locked down for the first few months of 2012.  Thank goodness for that.

Things I've been super thankful for lately: Phill working here, Netflix, Kindle, having my own room, paper plates (washing dishes is apparently not the cool thing to do in the frat), Haven season 2, my family and their crazy incredible generosity and enthusiasm when it comes to planning this whole wedding thing, the happy atmosphere of the church here in Charlottesville and how amazing it is that I can go almost anywhere and find a community where I feel I belong, and also: peanut butter M&Ms.

No comments: