Wednesday, June 22, 2011

10 is for everything, everything, everything...

Okay.  So.  Phill and I are in Charlottesville for the summer working at The Heritage Theatre Festival.  Whoop!
Currently we're both full in to working on My Fair Lady.  We're about to move into the space tomorrow (AHHHHH TOMORROW?!!!?!) and ease on in to full tech mode starting on Saturday.
The show is going well overall.  Rehearsals have been pretty solid.  I'm working with a very different director than what I'm used to as of late, so there's been some adjusting on my part to make sure that things flow as smoothly as possible.
I'm living in the frat house this year which is very, very different as far as my summer experience.  In general the people I'm living with are great so that makes things good.   We are however without internet and without easy access to laundry facilities which is really not fun.  I got a magic phone last month (HUZZAH!) and that is the best thing ever.  I do not know how I would be functioning in this job without one.  I'm having a difficult enough time not being able to send attachments whenever I need to so not being able to even answer emails?...  I'm very happy I don't have to go through that.  I really feel bad for all the department heads and one of my ASMs in the house who don't have a smart phone, Phill included.  I know it's whiny to complain about not having internet, but when the main form of communication your company uses is email, it makes things slightly frustrating!
A great sign at the Charlottesville mall.

What else... It's looking like I have employment lined up from late August through early April and that is AMAZING!!!  I just need a few things to line up (and possibly go up for an interview on a day off next month) and then I'll be one happy camper!

Wedding stuff is sort of at a standstill.  Apparently once you hit a certain point it become "too early" to plan things and florists get massively annoyed at you.  I really want to plan ahead because I know as soon as it's "time" to plan, I'll be in the middle of a million things and won't be able to go look at why one shade of something is better than another.  Phill is now in charge of a bunch of things and research, so that helps a bit with taking my mind off of a million things.  Yay teamwork!
Yep, bought flowers at Harris Teeter because I WILL figure out what flowers I like even if you won't help me cranky florist lady in Manassas. So, HA!


Okay, well I need to make a calling script and whatnot.  Yay!
~Marley

No comments: