Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My mind is open wide, and now I'm ready to start...

Whew.
Okay Finally have some time to catch my breath!
Fuddy Meers is up and running!  We're halfway through and it's going well.  The theatre has some similarities to the Firehouse, so it's interesting.  It's also enlightening to see a theatre company only in season number three and how they're growing and adjusting.
I don't want to go into too much detail since I have not signed contracts yet (and until you do nothing is for sure!) BUT it's looking as though I now have stage management employment through the first week of August!  Huzzah!!!!

I actually got to go see theatre last week and it was fabulous!  I saw Sunset Boulevard at Signature and it was great!  The sound mixing was AMAZING.  I think it was the first time that I have seen a musical that I had not previously listened to the soundtrack where I heard and understood every. single. word.
It made me so happy!
I was so proud of Phill for the work he did on that show!  I enjoyed all the performances greatly and was enamored with the technical aspects.
I went and saw The Druid Theatre's production of The Cripple of Inniahmaan at The Kennedy Center with Trevor and Austin and a great time was had by all!  Fun pre-show adventures at a pub and then a spectacular performance with good friends is my kind of night out.  I'm now even more excited to work with this amazing company when Penelope comes to town.

I'm subbing a lot in these next two weeks to fill my self-imposed quota for February and some stored for March.  Essentially I did the math to see how many days I need to sub per month to take care of planned expenses (loan payment, cell phone, etc.) and try to hit that mark and then some in case the following month I don't get many jobs/have too much theatre work making me unavailable.

Phill and I are going on a roadtrip!!!  We're heading to Kansas City to visit his parents next month and I'm excited.  We'll spend about a week there and possibly make a stop at my grandparent's on the way to or from.   It will be nice to spend some actual time with them rather than a quick visit squished in around another event.

Alright off to send emails I have been neglecting!
~Marley

PS - OBLIGATORY GIRLISH SQUEALING ABOUT ARCADE FIRE WINNING THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR GRAMMY!!!!  *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEAL*

No comments: