Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock...

Hello!
Happy 2011!
I was fortunate to have a lovely Christmas and birthday and lots of family time!  I also got to see Laura who brought amazing things from her travels abroad!  Lego Indiana Jones necklace anyone?  I have the most amazing BFF ever!
Already this year I have closed a show, started rehearsals for another, and am moving forward with everything else going on!  2011 is going to be busy, it's going to be stressful, but I think it's going to be so incredibly exciting!
Next up is Fuddy Meers at 1st Stage.  It's a really funny script!  I came into the process at the 11th hour, so this will seem like a really quick show.
After that is a project I am extremely excited about!  I'm going to be working as a ASM/deck chief on the Druid Theatre Company's production of Penelope when they're in residence at The Studio Theatre!  The show looks like it's phenomenal!  It was in New York earlier this season and got amazing reviews!  It's a short engagement as there is no possibility of an extension (I suppose that's what happens when your cast has to fly to another country after the show closes!).  There's going to be a lot of really neat events that coincide with the show since we're right by the embassy and headquarters for a few Irish groups.  I'm looking forward to everything surrounding this show, not just the performances.  Plus, I get to be back at Studio and I really do love the atmosphere there.

Subbing is going well, although the combination of the late rehearsals and early morning school days is not the most desirable thing to experience.  Having the goal of the wedding/apartment is highly motivational though!!

Speaking of which, the students are on their way back from lunch, so I must be going!
~Marley

No comments: