Monday, November 8, 2010

Something about how you live here, I wanna live that way...

Okay.  Super quick update post as I should be working on a cover letter at the moment!

Mojo has been in rehearsals for a week now!  Everything is going really well thus far!  The Studio Theatre is really, really great.  There is such an amazing work environment there!  The week that I was there doing pre-pro I got so much support and encouragement from everyone I came into contact with!
The script is crazy and wonderful.  It's a dark comedy (emphasis on the dark) and rehearsals are really fun. I get the feeling that the show will be good when everyone is surprised when it's time for a break.  Every so often in a rehearsal process everyone kind of waits and waits for a break.  You can almost FEEL the actors looking at you and asking silently if it can be break soon.  That's not the case here.  I actually need to be really vigilant about remembering to not get so wrapped up in what's going on that I pay attention to when the next break is coming!

Subbing is going well.  I'm not doing it too frequently at the moment, which is for the best so I'm not burning out.  I essentially figured out that if I sub a minimun of 5 times a month that takes care of my student loan payment (yeah, THOSE kicked in with a vengeance.  Ugh), phone bill, etc. and leaves a little extra for the wedding fund!  Yay employment!

Phill and I meet with the church on Wednesday to see about getting a date for the wedding and all sorts of other cool things!  It's really exciting and a BIG step in planning!  I'm so excited!

Okay.  I need to go finish this cover letter (hopefully there will be good news to report at a later time regarding that!).
~Marley

No comments: