Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Like stars burning holes right through the dark...

For your reading pleasure: a post in which I am crazy happy, get a little bummed, then get happy again.  So let's just jump in, shall we?

PHILL AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!!!  

I am so crazy happy about this.  He proposed when I went up to Vermont the day before his birthday!  I smiled like an idiot for about a week solid after that.  I still find myself smiling like an idiot about it quite frequently!    
So that's awesome.  

Us in New England! 
We really wanted to get married this upcoming spring because that would be awesome, but alas and alack we then had to have serious realistic planning talks and essentially two theatre professionals and our particular lack of carrear stability makes future planning difficult.  So where does this leave us?  After much scheduling, talking, planning, and math (ohhhhh the math) we have come to the super adult (read: lame) decision of not getting married until early 2012.  Even though this currently feels about a million years away and it's so hard to even think about waiting that long we both know it's going to be for the best.  The first year of marriage is hard.  Nobody tries to sugar coat that.  We dont want to add to the stress of getting our new life and family started by being in tons of debt or not having health insurance or dental work that needs to be done or a lingering fear of public restrooms or overdue library books or anything like that.  We're going to get each of our individual lives in the best shape possible before we join them together, then we're going to have one freaking awesome super marriage.  

Now, in light of this and other things it was also decided that Phill is not moving to DC as soon as we had hoped.  This is not fun or cool, but it's another thing that needs to happen.  
I mean at this point we're really good (unfortunately due to practice) at the long distance thing, so we'll be okay.  

See, told you I got bummed mid post.  Now, onward to the happy.  

I got a job!  A stage management job!  I'm SMing Mojo at the Studio Theatre as part of their 2nd Stage Series!!!!!!  It goes into rehearsals November 1st and opens December 1st.  I am so super excited!!!  In the meantime I worked the NEA National Heritage Fellows concert for the National Council of Traditional Arts at Strathmore Hall as a PA and it was really great.  I'm getting processed to be a substitue teacher for FCPS on Wednesday and I also have a bunch of dates to work at the Terrace Theatre to keep me occupied until rehearsals start!  
I hope the DC Theatre stuff keeps working out *knock on wood* because I'm really enjoying it.  

Whew.  Okay.  There it is.  My life and whatnot.    
Until next time,
~Marley 


Oh, and it is also football season!!!!!  Here we go Steelers, here we go!!  3 - 0 baby! 

No comments: